Welcome

This blog records my transition from the Churches of Christ to Eastern Orthodoxy.

Friday, December 27, 2013

Chrismated!

i don't know if anyone reads this anymore.  i just wanted to post to say i've reached a milestone.  After 2 years of investigation and attending an Orthodox parish, i was received into the Orthodox Church by chrismation last Saturday, December 21st, under the name Boris.

i decided to revisit some of the things i read the very first night my Protestantism unraveled.  This included a blog in which Orthodoxy is criticized.  After re-reading them, i'm not shaken or regretful of my decision in the least.  i'm so grateful for the blessing to be part of the Orthodox Church, and i have already experienced the healing of the sacraments of the church.

i'd love to write about all my experience and thinking throughout this journey.  Maybe some day i will. (But sadly, for the time being, i have a dissertation to write!)

3 comments:

Orthocathfacingeast said...

May I congratulate you. I too passed a critical spiritual milestone on 25th December this year. My request to communicate with the Greek Orthodox community in Malta was graciously accepted; I participated in the Divine Liturgy with the Orthodox communion at St. George Greek Orthodox Church in Valletta on Nativity 2013. I intend to communicate with the Orthodox communion at every opportunity in future. This will likely be Nativity & Holy Week/Pascha--God willing and as the Holy Spirit leads.

Steve Hayes said...

Is there no life after chrismation?

guy said...

Hey Steve,

Life has been solely pre-occupied with work i'm afraid. i wrote a tremendous amount of my dissertation over the summer, and then i got a tenure track job at a local community college here in OKC. Virtually all my reading/thinking/teaching has been squarely in the realm of philosophy for the past 10 months. My priest, though, wants me to teach a class at church on ethics soon. i might post pieces of that once i work it up.

--guy

Unique Users

Hits